Global Economic Governance Capacity Building Workshop for Government Officials and Researchers
Call for Applications for the Global Economic Governance Capacity Building Workshop for Government Officials and Researchers
Date: 8 - 19 April 2013
The International Development Law Unit, Centre for Human Rights, a key advocacy organisation for human rights in Africa, together with the South African Institute for International Affairs, leading foreign policy research institute on the African continent, invite government officials and researchers to apply for a capacity building workshop on: Global Economic Governance: A Focus on African Countries.
About the workshop:
A two-week capacity building workshop to be held at the University of Pretoria, South Africa, from 8 - 19 April 2013.
The Objectives of the workshop include:
- To strengthen knowledge and capacity building on Global Economic Governance
- To ensure better understanding on the different factors, aspects, processes and key institutions that exist within and make up Global Economic Governance
- To provide extensive discussion and interactive sessions on current issues largely affecting Global Economic Governance
- To provide a critical assessment on the impact of Global Economic Governance on African countries
How to apply
Please note that the workshop will be conducted in English, therefore a high proficiency in English is required. Applications are to be submitted online together with the following documents:
- a motivation letter, explaining what the applicant and their respective employers hope to get out of the programme and how s/he will apply the skills learned;
- a detailed CV with clear contact details; and
- a letter of support from the applicant’s employer, with clear contact details, committing the applicant to participate for the full duration of the course
Please note: Applications are now closed.
Please note that international travel costs to and from the venue as well as accommodation costs will be fully sponsored by the organisers.
Closing date for applications: 31st December, 2012.
Note: Only applications complete with all the above information will be considered.
Ms Angela Bukenya